Monday, June 1, 2009

Home sweet home…


I spent most of this weekend out at ‘the compound’ also known as my parent’s house…ha ha. I didn’t do too much there this weekend, just a lot of low-key rendezvous. Washed my car, trip out to the pond with the shotguns, laid out by pool, lunch with my Dad, dinner with family, and a short stop at a car show in Rockwall. My car was filthy both inside and out, and while I didn’t have the time nor energy to clean the inside, I did manage to hand-wash the exterior, complete with wheel scrubbing and tire shine application. My next car related task…a waxing. I took a trip out to the pond with the guns and was shocked to see how much the water level had risen in the few weeks since my last visit. Check out my photo it’s an actual picture of the pier on their pond. I laid out by the swimming pool on both Saturday and Sunday, and as a result both Krit and I are fried like a piece of bacon.

Later Saturday night I went to Rockwall to a car show benefiting a police man killed in the line of duty. It was fun, but let me say this; there are definitely some strange people out at those things. Sunday my Mother cooked lunch for the whole brood: fried chicken, gravy, new potatoes, green beans, and rolls, and for dessert an apple pie. If you wonder why I can’t ever loose weight…there’s your answer. My Mother cooks like that EVERY Sunday. I’ll be home again this Saturday for my nephew Jeremy’s first birthday. I don’t have a gift for him yet though, I’m still working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment