Sunday, June 28, 2009

I (HEART) NY

As far as I am concerned, I still believe that New York City is the greatest city on Earth. One disclaimer, I haven’t been fortunate enough to see other great cities of the world: Paris, Rome, Tokyo, et al, (though they are on the proverbial to do list) so using the places I have been able to experience as comparison I stand by my previous statement. NYC has so much to offer everyone who visits her. The museums, culture, shopping, sightseeing, theater, fashion, the list goes on and on. It’s no secret, I love New York, in fact, I love it so much, were I able find a job there I would move in a ‘New York minute.’ I really enjoyed this most recent visit to NYC, and I hope that my Mother feels the same. While in NYC my Mother and I saw/visited/experienced the following: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Bergdorf Goodman’s, Bloomingdales, Henri Bendel, Chinatown, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Greyline Bus Tours, Brooklyn, Wall Street, Ground Zero, MTA Subway system (DART take note) and many others. Also, we were in the City during the annual Gay Parade, and let me just say this, you haven’t experienced NYC until you’ve been there during Gay Parade. We hit other great spots like The Met, The Guggenheim, and The Empire State Building during our previous visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment