Friday, June 19, 2009

Three down four to go...

Let me take this time to ‘knock out’ so to speak, three of the Upcoming Blog posts I had previously mentioned. First on the list, Chipotle meat selection practices.

I was really amazed/awed when I discovered Chipotle’s meat selection practices. Not to fear devout factions of Chipotle followers, it’s actually good news! Unlike many fast-food institutions today, Chipotle actually has standards [strict] when it comes to selecting meat for their mouth-watering, delectable urbanized take on the burrito. Since its inception Chipotle has been serving sour cream and cheese free of hormones, organic beans, and naturally raised pork, chicken and beef. Last month it announced it would buy locally grown produce whenever possible. Meat destined to become a Chipotle burrito receives no antibiotics, eats a vegetarian diet and must have access to either open pasture or deeply bedded pens. I actually saw on the Nightline program where the founder/creator of Chipotle physically inspects all farms before agreeing to purchase their meat. Doesn’t sound like something that Ronald McDonald or Mr. Jack in the Box would do. Just one more reason why I like Chipotle…

NYC Prep is exhibiting signs of becoming my newest TV obsession. Technically, it hasn’t started yet, but Bravo has been showing 30 minute ‘sneak peak’ segments of the upcoming series. If you haven’t seen it yet, whip out that TIVO remote and hit record, save yourself the trouble and go ahead and set it up for a series recording, I did.

Do you ever have a situation in an all too familiar milieu where you completely blank out losing all common knowledge? Let me give you some sample situations: I’ll be driving my car, and I’m the only one in the intersection, and for a short time, I honestly cannot remember if I am supposed to stop on green, or go. I’m serious people. Or take for instance; I can’t remember my current age. Someone will ask, “How old are you” and I say, “23, no I’m sorry, I’m 24, oh no, wait, I am actually 25. Wait am I 25, or am I 26, no, I’m 25. Yes, I’m 25.” Also, when I am going through the motions of a monotonous task like preparing a memo, I think to myself, “is “its” a word?” or an all too often used word such as “she,” is written, and then the Id, Ego, and Super-ego are all having a debate as to if it is spelled correctly (Sidebar: my fear/refusal to scribe on easel pads in front of the public stems from this irrationality.) I think all this comes from my illogical tendency to replay things over, and over, and over in my mind until I can no longer comprehend the simplest thought. Does everyone have similar issues, or am I just plain ass crazy?

1 comment:

  1. I hate Chipotle. There rice is very bland.

    And I know what your talking about: words lose their meaning. Saying/thinking a word over and over again won't make you forget what the word means, but you'll just be asking yourself if that is what it really means. Ya dig?

    ReplyDelete