Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All about me!

I wasn’t sure what to blog about today, and then I had an epiphany, why not blog about my most beloved subject in the world…ME! Just kidding, I’m really not that vain or egotistical, or am I? So without further adieu 10 quirky things you may or may not know about me, in no particular order.

1-I hate tuna. I hate tuna in all consumable forms; tuna fish, tuna salad, tuna pâté, any form of tuna makes my skin crawl. Since I can remember, I have always had a hatred of this deplorable ocean-dwelling carnivorous fish. The smell alone can send me over the edge, from pleasant to ‘postal’ in .001 seconds flat.

2-I was almost a twin. Yes, seriously, I was almost a twin. Ask my Mother if you don’t believe me, there were in fact – two amniotic sacs present when I was born.

3-I do not like cold foods. Let me clarify this some. The statement “I do not like cold foods” can be somewhat of a misnomer. While I do like some cold foods, (salads, sorbets, deviled eggs, sushi, etc) I do not like foods that were originally served hot and then consumed cold (pizza, leftovers, etc.).

4-I have held a drivers license for ten years, and have had eight cars in that time. This is a bit excessive; I realize this while reading my post. None the less, it’s true. Truck, 4Runner, Jeep, Accord, Accord, Mercedes, Lexus, Mercedes. Not to worry, I ‘plan’ on keeping my current car for at least two more years. Plan to.

5-I have six nieces and nephews. I have two sisters who each have three children. The oldest, Candlelynn, has triplets, Christian, Kimber, and Camden. The middle, Amber, has three children, Julie, Alan, and Jeremy. And then there's me.

6-I have a dog named Weslee. Weslee was a gift from my parents for my 21st birthday. He is a West Highlands White Terrier, or Westie. He turns four in November.

7-My two favorite genres of music are 80’s and soft rock. I think this number is pretty self explanatory. Also, one little known fact about me...my favorite singer of all time is Ronnie Milsap.

8-At age 13 I drove my sister’s car through the garage…with the garage door closed and my Mother’s car parked in the garage. True story, I was just learning how to drive a standard and I was starting the car and didn’t fully depress the clutch and BAM! I slammed my sister’s car through the garage door tearing it down, busting a head light and causing my parents about 100+ new grey hairs. My mother opened the door and said “wait until your father sees this.” Cut to 15 minutes later when my Dad sees it, his exact words “you’re going to help me fix this,” not so much in a quizzical tone as it was a declarative statement, and I haven’t heard another word about it to this day. Could it be the fact that my Father did the same exact thing to his parents house, except he drove the car through the house, slamming through walls and knocking a refrigerator over. This also, is not a lie.

9-On average I eat about 2.5 jars of pickles a week. I eat pickles with almost every meal; and, before you even say it – yes, I know that’s not a healthy habit. However, I already take a blood pressure pill everyday, so I’m good with the sodium.

10-I once glued everything down on my sister’s bathroom cabinet using nail glue. I’m talking everything, toothbrush, toothbrush holder, curling iron, brush, soap, hairspray. Petty, yes, childish, yes, but also hilarious. I’m sure at the time I was mad about something she did, and exacted my revenge in this juvenile yet mirthful way. To this day, my sister still gets incensed when this subject is dredged up.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that I did not know some of these things about you :( !!!

    ReplyDelete