Monday, September 28, 2009

Holidays on a budget...

So I’ve got six nieces and nephews, two girls, four boys and like any good uncle I try to spoil them. Now, I know they don’t really need anything, but with each passing holiday I try to see that they get some small something. One problem, whatever I buy is times six, which gets a little expensive. Easter Basket = $12, 6 Easter Baskets = $72; Box of Valentines Chocolates = $9.99, 6 Boxes of Valentines Chocolates = $59.94; it adds up quick and we won’t even touch Christmas... Well this year I got smart, after all - we are in a recession. So while shopping at Target this weekend I saw a piñata and instantly saw something the kids would love that would save me money. So I grabbed it along with some candy. I need to pick up a couple more bags of candy and some trinkets (spider rings, mini-flashlights, pencils, plastic figurines, etc.) and I’ll be set. Check it out, isn’t it ‘Bootiful?’ Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Piñata - $9.99
Candy - $20.00
Trinkets $15.00
Happy Nieces & Nephews - Priceless

2 comments: