Sunday, September 13, 2009

The weekend in review...

Why I hate Kanye West!
Every year the MTV VMAs have some jaw-dropping moment, case in point – the Britney, Christina & Madonna kiss, Britney Spears w/giant boa constrictor, Little Kim’s sticker over her boob, Britney forgetting the words to Gimme More et al, but I think this year Kayne’s uncouth, disrespectful, bad-mannered, and ghetto behavior takes the cake. If you are not familiar with said incident, Taylor Swift had just won her award for best female video winner, when Kayne West bum rushed the stage and took the microphone from Taylor proclaiming that Beyonce should have won because her video was better. Now, those of you who know me know that I am not really a Taylor Swift fan and that I actually do like Kanye West; but, his behavior was uncalled for and totally disrespected Taylor Swift. The look on her face was mortifying after the incident, I really felt horrible for her. We all know that Kayne west hates white people, but his most recent stunt just solidified that notion. From this point forward Kayne is dead to me, I am officially boycotting him, his music, and whatever else he is a part of. So wrong. I will say that Beyonce handled the situation in a very gracious and classy manner allowing Taylor to use her acceptance speech time to ‘have her moment’ so to speak. If you didn’t see it live you can see it here.
(Sorry, embedding was disabled)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ


Sports, Sports, and more Sports…

Notre Dame vs. Michigan
What a great game, since it was raining outside most of this weekend I really didn’t have a chance to get out other than to buy groceries and run to the bank. So I spent most of Saturday watching football, and this was a great game. Let me just say Tate Forcier really won that game. Awesome kid, jealous I wasn’t born with skills like that. Let’s hope that he’s still around when he finishes school – I think the Cowboys could really use that kind of talent.

U.S. OPEN 2009
Gotta love that Serena Williams… Did anyone else happen to watch her on-screen meltdown during the last match between her and Kim Clijsters during the U.S. OPEN? Well I did, and let me just say how interesting/entertaining it was. Serena went after the linesman with a profanity laced tirade for a bogus foot fault call, not once, not twice, but three times – keep in mind this was after she had already been assessed a point for racket abuse. I watched the entire match and I can honestly say that Serena did not have a foot fault, even on the replays the commentators agreed that no code violation occurred, not too sure what that lineswoman was thinking when she made that call. I will admit, there is a certain amount of decorum that needs to be maintained on the court and Serena certainly failed to maintain it, but, I mean, can you blame her? Serena may not have lost that match had the lineswoman not called the bogus foot fault; I think she would have, but still, no one knows for sure. I guess Serena was just really channeling her inner John McEnroe that night. I feel for her, but I also feel for Kim Clijsters. This win really has to be bittersweet, I think Kim would have won anyway, but you know she couldn’t enjoy this win to the fullest because it was tainted with such drama. At least Serena did walk over and congratulate her after the meltdown.

Dallas Cowboys!
Let’s hope that the season opener was just a foretaste of what is to come this season. I really do want them to go all the way, I mean, after all they are America’s team, but sometimes I just think that don’t want it bad enough. I’m going to try and stay positive this year and think good thoughts – I might just be surprised.


No comments:

Post a Comment