Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Pangs

I had a great Labor Day holiday with the family, but I am glad to be back home, in my own bed and familiar surroundings. This Labor Day was pretty laid back…nothing too extreme. Drove out to the parentals house on Sunday and socialized with the family, then on to my Grandmothers house to help my Dad install a new ceiling fan, and then we finished off the night with some wings. On a humorous note – my father has been working outside with pieces of sheet metal which have cut him numerous times on his hands and arms; where’s the humor in that…right?!? Well it’s the fact that my father had to wear a latex glove on his left hand in order to keep the hot wing sauce out of the cut on his thumb. It was quite humorous, if you were there, it was like I was dining next to a Michael Jackson wing eating fool. It was a lot funnier had you been there like I was. On to Labor Day [Monday] we grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs and visited with family. Knowing that I had to come to work Tuesday I opted to leave early and head back to Dallas. I had to fit in laundry, cleaning, errands and a workout in the few hours I had left. I was very proud of myself for getting everything including a 55 (yes, fifty-five) minute workout in during the short time I had left Monday afternoon. And, let me just say I am paying for that workout today. Yesterday, I could barely climb the stairs or garner the strength to lift my legs over the side of the shower. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

Oh and a little gossip for those of you who live near me: the Cityplace Target is currently undergoing a remodel in order to begin selling a full array of groceries. I was speaking with an employee there who was telling me that they were going to be a new ‘hybrid’ concept store which will ultimately wind up somewhere in between a Super Target & an Urban Target Store. I can’t wait, now, my checking account on the other hand…

1 comment: