Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just say no...to vaccines!

As many of you know, I am pretty eccentric, actually, that might be a huge understatement, but none the less – it’s just who I am. In keeping with my quirky personality I want to let everyone know how I feel about vaccinations. For the purpose of this blog post I am going to focus on the new H1N1 (Swine-Flu) vaccine currently on the market. Now, before I get a ton of crazy comments, know that I feel some vaccinations are okay, Tetanus, Measles – Mumps – Rubella, Polio, etc – and I fully support those in children and young adults. Hypocritical, maybe, I don’t know, I don’t care. They have done a great job in all but eradicating those diseases. However, I have a real issue with the Flu, Pneumonia, and H1N1 vaccines currently in use. I do not and will not take any of the above vaccines. I do not like the idea of injecting either an attenuated (live, but weakened), killed, or Toxoid (inactive version of toxic compound) substance into my body. One of the nasal vaccines, FluMist, actually contains the live (supposedly weakened) flu virus. Did you know there are actually documented cases where the healthcare professional who administered the nasal spray to patient actually contracted the flu? Now, is that something you really want to snort up your nose? I think I'd rather take my chances with coke - thank you very much. J/K LOL And, I don’t care what they say about the flu shot – I worked with someone who took the attenuated vaccine, the shot, and they got the flu as a result; so yes, CDC, it can happen. I actually ran across an article yesterday that said “There is some evidence that flu shots cause Alzheimer’s disease. This most likely is a result of combining mercury with aluminum and formaldehyde, which renders them much more toxic together through a synergistic effect than each would be alone.” Seriously! No way and I taking it, and I wish I could prevent my family from it as well.

As I mentioned before I have real ‘beef’ with the H1N1 vaccine that is currently on the market. Did you know that the H1N1 vaccine was developed in less than one year? Yes, you read that correctly, less than one year. How long do you think that it actually takes for us to figure out the side-effects of a so called vaccine? I know of many prescription drugs, which actually underwent prolonged scrutiny (5-7+ years) by the FDA and eventually made it to market, only to be pulled because of serious, often lethal issues associated with the drug(s). Vioxx, Phenphen, Accutane, (which I myself took three treatments of) et al.

Now, back to the H1N1 vaccine which was developed in less than a year, and is currently on the market… How can we possibly know that it’s safe? Did you know that many countries, and I’m not talking ‘third world’ here have actually banned the H1N1 vaccine from certain pharmaceutical companies because they are unsafe, or because the side-effects of the vaccine aren’t fully known; but, do you really want to chance it?

Is it worth it? I personally think I would rather run the risk of contracting the virus and then allowing my body to fight it off, naturally, and safely. Plus I could burn some sick time. Just kidding… Like I said, this is just my opinion. If you want the shot – go for it, but proceed with caution. And don’t say I didn’t warn you.


1 comment:

  1. So I can't stop by my work Thursday A.M before the fair to get my flu shot? lol

    ReplyDelete