Sunday, September 20, 2009

A weekend wasted isn’t a wasted weekend

I actually got off work early Friday night, as it was my early day. I didn’t squander the opportunity to leave early; as soon as my work was done and I was able to hit the door – I did. I had to drop my car off for some maintenance and then I came home. Friday night was a quite one, spent at home watching a movie (P.S. I LOVE YOU) and lying around with the dog.

Saturday I was up and out early to visit my boss/friend who just had a baby, both are doing well. From the hospital I went to the mall for a quick coiffing. Later Saturday night B and I went out…in rare form. We started out at the Loon then moved to Madison, only to wind up having an altercation with the Jack In the Box worker before heading back to the house from a wonderful, fun-filled night.

And finally, the Sunday ritual, heading out to my parents house for Sunday lunch. Although, one of my sisters wasn’t there, my nephew is sick with the flu. Let’s hope he kicks it soon. For lunch my mother made one of my favorites, Chicken Enchiladas. They were delicious! In fact, I’m actually taking some leftovers to work tomorrow for my lunch. From there it was back to Dallas, I had a ton of laundry to get done. I got my laundry done, lunch packed, house in order and dog bathed.

Now I’m just sitting here watching the Cowboys. I wish that Romo would get his head back in the game. I’m wondering what this week has in store for me? Will it be good/bad? We shall see, though, I keep thinking of a particular bible verse that says “Don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” So, with that being said, I look forward to the upcoming week and whatever it has in store (hoping it’s good though).

No comments:

Post a Comment