Sunday, July 26, 2009

Music Mania

So I’ve been posting a lot of lists here lately, and today’s post, well, it’s a list too. Ha Ha Ha. I was cleaning up the apartment today before heading to Plano for a haircut, and thought a little music would make this menial chore so much more bearable. Instead of choosing a radio station known for playing the same crap/music de jour over and over, I opted for a vintage CD; I wanted to find a multi-platinum record selling, über talented artist, a real entertainer. So I dug the old-school CD case out from the bottom of the armoire, and it made me realize how much I missed music, as it use to be. I liked buying CDs and singles…now it’s all iTunes and mp3’s. Anyway, I selected Alanis Morissette – Jagged Little Pill. It completely transported me back to the 6th grade, I remember my aunt taking me to Hastings Books & Music to buy it. It was just as good as I remember it. Without further adieu, the 10 greatest CDs I’ve ever owned, which I still listen to.

Ronnie Millsap – 40 # 1’s
Elton John – The Hits (Boxed Set)
Alanis Morissette – Jagged Little Pill
Erasure – The first 20 hits
Gavin DeGraw – Chariot
Michael Jackson – HIStory
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Green River
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Into the Great Wide Open
Prince – The Hits
Yaz – Upstairs at Erics


And Honorable Mention’s are below:

Eric Clapton – Slowhand
Depeche Mode – Greatest Hits
The Eagles – The Eagles
Eurythmics – Touch
Bob Dylan – Selfportrait

1 comment:

  1. Alanis in the 6th grade? I'm practically a geezer. :(

    ReplyDelete