Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dancing in the dark, walking through the park, and reminiscing…

In my 25 years on this Earth I have been able to experience some wonderful things, and some not-so wonderful things. Of course I miss certain people/animals who are no longer living, like my two grandfathers and one of my grandmothers, my old cat Kit, and old friends who are no longer with us. But in the realm of tangible items here are 5 things I miss in life, in no particular order:

1 - Crystal Clear Pepsi
I actually loathe the taste of Pepsi, but how cool was Crystal Clear Pepsi. As I sit and type this, it doesn’t seem nearly as impressive as it did when I was say 11.

2 – The Concorde
Life without supersonic commercial air transportation just doesn’t seem like it’s worth living. Probably the greatest commercial jet liner ever built – and no longer in flight. My Mother and I recently toured ‘le Concorde’ while in NYC. Awesome plane.

3 – Gumby
When I was little I use to watch this show all the time, well this and Inspector Gadget which I also love. Gumby was so nice, and had a sidekick, his horse named Pokey. I even remember his dog, Nopey. Does anyone know why his name is Nopey?

4 – 80’s movies
Movies today just don’t seem as good as the movies of the 80’s. Movies like: The Breakfast Club, The Goonies, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Jaws, Weekend at Bernie’s, The Lost Boys, and ET, I mean this list could just go on and on. I honestly hate to say this because I want my generation to be better at something, but movies today are just missing so much in comparison. We get stuck with dumb ass shit like Saw I-LXXII, Gigli, American Pie, Old School, etc. Now this isn’t to say that there aren’t good movies out today, it just appears to be quantity over quality since about 1995 – present.

5 – The Mercedes-Benz body style circa 1990
This car still looks bad to the bone. This is probably my favorite overall design of the Ă¼ber pimptastic Mercedes-Benz line. It just screams don’t mess with me - I’m with the mafia. Just for kicks, my favorite car produced by MB is the shockingly expensive S55 AMG.

3 comments:

  1. "As I sit and type this, it doesn’t seem nearly as impressive as it did when I was say 11."

    Really? I thought that you realized that when I nodded vaguely and said "hm" when you went on about the virtues of clear coke during dinner last night.

    You've inspired me! I'm thinking of my own list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaws was actually released in 1975

    ReplyDelete
  3. James, always the consummate fact checker...

    ReplyDelete