Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Can I get that supersized?"

This dieting business is killing me. I started a diet when I got back from vacation. I haven’t been on it very long, but I’ve done well so far. It’s nothing but diet bread and smoked turkey for lunch with a sensible dinner. For breakfast today I had a piece of diet toast and a hard-boiled egg. Haute cuisine by no means, but a necessary sacrifice for the slimmer good…

I’ve never been any good at dieting as my willpower quickly evaporates when any sort of peer pressure regarding lunch/eating is present. “We’re having Pei Wei for lunch, are you sure you don’t want to come eat with us?” or “Come on, you can eat your lunch from home tomorrow, come have El Fenix with us today.” No matter what, my weight has gotten out of hand. When it comes to food, I always fall for the 'low hanging fruit, no pun intended – and I have no one to blame except myself, and possibly my Mother since she cooks a massive meal every Sunday, but that’s up for debate. I mean, I’m by no means the next Carney Wilson, but I am on my way to a Matthew Perry’esque figure post Friends if I don’t whip it in to shape now; and, we can’t have that, now can we?

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about dining out. At Pei Wei, have the lettuce wraps and edamame. And El Fenix offers healthy options like salads. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete