Wednesday, May 6, 2009

KFC Grilled Chicken – totally a “no-go.”

Okay so the queen of everything [Oprah] has once again put her money-grubbing stamp of approval on yet another tangible item. Enter KFC’s new Grilled Chicken… My take from the numerous commercials that I’ve seen plastered all across my TV screen indicate that this new fare offered by KFC for all intents and purposes should be GREAT! Right?!?! Wrong!!!

So yesterday, the work posse and I load up and head to the nearest KFC. After an eternity of trying to find a parking space in what I am now convinced is an extension of Satan’s lair a.k.a. KFC’s parking lot, we opt to try the drive-thru. Sidebar - there are about 65 people in line inside the restaurant, so many in fact the door won’t close.

So we head to the drive thru, after waiting in line for about 20 minutes we get to the window and order. Then I hear, “I’m sorry sir, but we don’t have anymore grilled chicken, would you like Original instead?” “No the hell, I would not,” okay, okay, so I didn’t say that, I wanted to, but didn't. I did opt to wait the additional 11 minutes it would take to finish cooking the new grilled chicken. We have to park and wait except there is no parking available, so we just move up and wait. The movement of vehicles, or lack there of, in the parking lot reminded me a lot of the movements of a Rubik’s cube, but I’m getting off topic. We FINALLY get our food and head back to City Hall. Upon I arrival I learn that they didn’t include one of my sides. By this point, I’m so hungry I don’t care and just want to eat my food. I take a bite and then immediately want to puke. The best way to describe the new grilled chicken from KFC is as follows: it was the vilest, most repulsive, and beastly tasting thing I have ever put into my mouth. Don’t waste your time or money on it.

1 comment: