Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

I made good use of the extra day today sans work to get a few things done around the house. Exercise, cleaning, laundry, television, and birthday shopping. I opted not to drive out to my parents house this weekend, I saw them at a graduation ceremony Sunday so I just stayed local.

So I’ve been trying to become more active and drop a few extra lbs before my upcoming trip. With that being said, I went for a walk/run when I got up this morning. I prefer to walk through my neighborhood because I like to keep my eye out for newly listed townhomes for sale. I was feeling extra energetic so I thought that I would the workout some extra bravado. I walked/ran all the way from my apartment to Ross Avenue – for which I am so proud of myself. For fear of internet stalkers I’m not going to give the exact location of my apartment, but know that it was a long way, almost two miles roundtrip. I know this because I was wearing a pedometer. Next on my list was cleaning, I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom. Complete with dusting, sweeping, laundry, carpet cleaning and organizing the clothes in my dresser and closet. Then out to do a little shopping for my friend’s upcoming birthday. I still need to pick up a few smaller things, but I am pretty much done. Lastly, I finished off the day catching up on some DVR’d shows, a movie, and then Keeping up with the Kardashians. Tonight is the season premier of Jon & Kate + 8 but I’ll save that for tomorrow. Last but not least, thank you to the many men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice while serving our nation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to watch J&K+8 tonight, too! Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete