Thursday, May 21, 2009

John & Kate + 8, no mas or media fiction?

Unless you’re living under a rock you’ve seen the tabloids, news programs, and magazines reporting the pandemonium that is known as John & Kate + 8. Did John cheat on Kate with that girl, did Kate cheat on John with the bodyguard, and are they getting a d-i-v-o-r-c-e? If you watch the show you know that Kate is a controlling, megalomaniacal bossy wife from hell. John on the other hand may be a little bit lazy, but cut the man some slack; he has eight kids, and is married to troglodyte. I personally can see why John may/may not have cheated on her. The way that she talks to him sometimes is embarrassing, and I'm only a spectator…imagine having to live it. No thank you. I can’t help but wonder if this spectacle has anything to do with the reality show curse. It seems like signing on for a reality show is the ‘kiss of death’ when it comes to a marriage: Nick & Jessica, Britney & Kevin, Hulk & Linda (so trashy), Carmen & Dave, Travis & Shanna, and this list goes on. Bottom line is I don’t know if he/she did cheat on her/him. I will say this though, in the season opener, they didn’t appear on camera together for their sit-downs. I’m just saying...

While I’m on the subject, let me throw a couple of my favorite shows out there for your musing. This seems like a lot, and it is, but know that most I don’t watch every week, but the ones that I do are marked with an *.

Drama:
Lost*, Desperate Housewives*, Brothers & Sisters*, Family Guy*, American Dad, Big Love, Law & Order, and Gossip Girl (It’s more like a guilty pleasure)

Reality:
The Real World*, Real Housewives of Orange County/New Jersey*, Project Runway, Airline, Miami Ink, Deadliest Catch, Frontier House (I SO miss that show), Kathy Griffin – My Life on the D List, and Operation Repo

Informative:
How It’s Made, Texas Country Reporter*, Histories Mysteries, Myth Busters, Anderson Cooper 360*, and Larry King Live

Following in the steps of my fellow blogger “Telly,” what are some of your favorite shows?

2 comments:

  1. You and your Texas Country Reporter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and while I understand that having 8 kids could make Jon lazy...cut the crazy mean lady some slack...she has 8 freaking kids and a horrible hairdo to boot.

    Did you see this? I nearly snorted my Coke Zero through my nose: http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2009/05/14/kate-gosselin-on-her-hair-everybody-wants-it/?cp=22

    ReplyDelete