Monday, May 11, 2009

“Weenie” the dog


This weekend was Mothers Day as well as my mother’s birthday. On Sunday I drove out to my parent’s house to be with my family and give my mother her gifts. Upon arrival, I noticed that there is a new member of the family, one with four paws. To make a long story short, it appears that someone threw the dog out somewhere near my parents house and it sauntered up. The dog, which we will call “Weenie” (I’ll get to the name in a bit), appears to be a white female lab of some sorts, though I am not positively certain of its Mammalia Canis classification. She is so sweet and docile; she really has certain ‘je ne sais quoi’ about her, if dogs can have such an attribute. My parents are hesitant to keep her for fear of digging and tearing up the yard/flowerbeds. Anyway, we were instructed not to feed the dog, but since when do I ever follow directions? So I cooked the dog a package of Oscar-Myer weenies [Ergo the name “Weenie”] and fed them to her. At first, she didn’t want to eat them, but once I cajoled her to taste one, she devoured them all. She must have been very hungry.

I’m not sure how this story is going to play out. We’ll just have to wait and see…

Oh, and we had a good Mother's Day/Birthday Celebration.

I love my Mother very much.

2 comments:

  1. Weenie is cute. I hope your parents change their mind about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they have to keep the dog!!

    ReplyDelete