Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday

Well only in Texas would it be merely weeks, no days away from Thanksgiving and I’m using the seat warmers in the morning and the air-conditioning in the evening. I'm ready for some Christmas like weather and, yes, believe it or not, Christmas music. I'm sure like most everyone else I'll be sick of it 2 days after it starts playing. But, I could certainly use some 30 degree weather, sleet, and snow!

Anyway, I’m trying to decide what to make this year to take to my parents. I was thinking I could do the usual Buttermilk Pies and/or Deviled Eggs, but I want to change it up a little this year. My Mother always says “don’t try out new recipes on holidays and special occasions,” and she’s right. You never know how recipes, especially brand new recipes you’ve never cooked will turn out. Test drive those at times when you don’t have a house full of company. So either I have to get busy and cook something as a trial run before Thanksgiving, or think of something I know how to cook… Suggestions welcome!!

Also, I have asked for a small dehydrator this year for one of my Christmas gifts. I’m super pumped – I can’t wait to start making my own beef jerky. If it turns out well, I’m going to venture into chicken jerky and vegetables. Let’s just hope that I’m not on the naughty list this year.

1 comment:

  1. I always make spinach dip in the crock pot on holidays. It's yummy!!

    Do you have to take a side dish or an appetizer? How about a cocktail? I have a great recipe for cranberry margaritas. So many options!!

    ReplyDelete