Monday, November 16, 2009

Do you see what I see?

Is it just me or does it seem like people today really don’t care much about their own reputation and/or public image? First, let me say this; I have never really cared what people think about me – to an extent. If people think less of me because I don’t really match my clothes well, wear white socks with dark pants, get overly excited by food, that I basically live in basketball shorts and t-shirts, or just don’t generally fit into the box they imagine I should – then, no, I don’t really care what people think. However, I do care deeply as to what people think about my character. If people thought that I were; dishonest, disingenuous, thoughtless, trashy, or just a “creep” in general – I would be concerned.

On to my main point – people today (mainly C & D list celebrities) could give a rats ass what people think about them or perceive their image to be. Case in point: Levi Johnston, Carrie Prejean, Kate & Jon Gosselin, Kim Kardashian, the list could go on and on. Carrie Prejean - hasn’t she disgraced herself enough? I mean, the golden standard in Hollywood is one sex tape, but eight! Girl got problems. I bet her parents are so proud! Levi Johnston – he’s all of twelve years old AND a father and he’s posing for Playgirl...classy. The Gosselin’s where do I begin? Do they not think that their eight children will one day be able to search the internet or Wikipeida their parents to see all of the crap they have done and said about each other? And the Kardashians, while entertaining to watch are complete trash. I’m just wondering do these people know that mainstream America thinks they are total losers, or are they too caught up in the glitz and glamour of being a pseudo low-level celebrity de jour.

No comments:

Post a Comment