Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Naughty or Nice …

I’ve finally made out a preliminary Christmas list for this year. Honestly, there isn’t really anything I necessarily need, per se; as I have everything I ever truly wanted or needed. With that being said, my family still asks me every year to come up with some things or ideas that they can use while shopping for me. Like I said before, I don’t need anything, but if I have to come up with items for them, shouldn’t they be items I would actually like to have? So…I have amassed a list of smaller, everyday items that I would like, but don’t have to have.

Food Dehydrator – this is probably one of the things I am most excited about. I cannot wait to start making my own beef and chicken jerky – by the pound. If that is successful I may move on to the art of chips: banana (though I hate them), apple, okra, sweet potato etc. So many possibilities!

Jerky Seasoning Kit – please refer to entry above

Cowboy Boots – not sure of the color yet, since apparently having the lower portion and tops of the boots in different colors is 'in'

Dress/Work Clothes – suits, pants, shirts, shoes, the whole nine yards

Non-Dress/Work Clothes – jeans, polos, t-shirts, hoodies

Butcher Knife – I already have a nice one, but I would like an additional knife to have around in case I need it. There are times when my good butcher knife is dirty in the dishwasher and I need it; and, rather than to have to hand wash (oh my no) it, I could grab my trusty backup knife.

MagLite Flashlight – I had a really nice heavy duty MagLite right now that’s about ten years old, but I didn’t notice and at some point the batteries corroded and it’s now filled with battery acid.

While I love getting gifts, I really think that it’s more fun to shop around and buy things for my family than to receive gifts. I really put a lot of time, effort, and money into my gifts – I just hope it shows. Anything special on your list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment