Thursday, August 27, 2009

Don't fall for it...

D-I-S-A-P-P-O-I-N-T-E-D
So I love popsicles, my favorite are the plain (Cherry, Orange, and Grape), but at the grocery store this weekend I ran across these new 'slow melt' pops which I just had to have. After I check out, I get them home - somehow they survived the 104 degree drive in the trunk on the way home. I finish putting all of the groceries away that I had purchased and then made a sandwich for my dinner. After dinner I thought to myself...what a wonderful treat one of those new popsicles would be right now. So I go get one and unwrap it. As soon as I put it in my mouth I knew that something wasn't quite right. After a few Google searches I found out that the new 'slow melt' formula is nothing more than an unflavored gelatin product. It was gross, I mean, yes, you occasionally got a burst of flavor, but more so than not, you tasted what I would describe as unflavored Jell-O with just a hint of flavor. It's almost like the popsicle was made in layers; one layer of fruit juice, one layer of unflavored gelatin, one layer of fruit juice, one layer of unflavored gelatin, one layer of fruit juice, one layer of unflavored gelatin, and so on... Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone “don’t do it” go with the regular, delicious fast melting, mess causing, clothes staining popsicles, that we all know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment