Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dinner sans Louie’s, Road rage, Mi Cocina, Adam, et al

So I didn’t go home this weekend (gasp), you can close your jaw now. I know, I always go home, every Sunday, but not this Sunday. This weekend my Mother wasn’t going to be home and so I opted to say home, go to church, run some errands and get a few things around the house done. Saturday afternoon my Aunt and Grandmother came over to my apartment and met me for lunch and some shopping. We had planned our meeting around having dinner at Louie’s. My Aunt has been dying to eat there since she saw and episode of Diners, Drives & Dives which portrayed Louie’s. Let me just say, Louie’s food is pretty good, but their rude ass service staff really steals the show when compared to the food. Telly and I recently ate at Louie’s and while the food was good, the service was ‘nothing to write home about.’ Needless to say my Aunt and Grandmother weren’t able to dine at Louie’s because the dumb ass wait staff couldn’t get their act together long enough to agree on the time they opened. First it was 4:00 then 4:30 and then via phone they reveal it’s actually 5:30. Well you know what…F Louie’s, and the delicious pizza they rode in on. To make a long story short (too late) we ended up at Fireside Pies which is also delicious.

Saturday night B and I went eat and then to the Magnolia to see Adam. On the way from B’s apartment to Mi Cocina this total douche bag honked at me and then swerved around me and “tried” to pass, however, I was one step ahead and floored the car causing him to drive parallel to me in the wrong lane with oncoming traffic approaching. Apparently, I didn’t turn fast enough for his liking, but excuse me, when there are cars coming from both directions it makes it quite difficult to do so. Anyway, B wasn’t happy that I was driving like a total maniac and had this total psycho look in my eye, somewhere between a phone wielding Russell Crowe and an umbrella swinging pre-conservatorship Britney Spears. I finally calmed down after I got the chance return the favor and ride his bumper and shout and honk, anyway we made it to Mi Cocina where I almost busted my ass tripping on the ledge to the patio in front of a huge table of people. While I did hurt my toes, I think my pride was hurt most of all. We made it over to see Adam after dinner, B walked and I limped. Adam was awesome – you should go see it.

Sunday B and I went to church and lunch, and then I ran some errands around town and cleaned the house. Now, I’m just sitting here watching Family Guy – laughing my ass off. Hope everyone had a nice weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment