Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Castaway – Dallasite Style

So I’m on a desert island, what things must I have in my possession or at my disposal? Check it out for yourself below. Also, while these are the top six things I couldn’t be without in life, the unabridged list actually entails about 4,890,885,412 items…

ChapStick – anyone who knows me knows just what an addiction to this heavenly substance I have. Crack heads have crack, I have: L'Occitane, Burt’s Bee’s, Khiels, Carmex, and ChapStick (in that order). Just to solidify my habitual and maddening use of this substance, when I moved from Plano to Uptown I found seventeen (17), yes 17, various tubes of lip balm throughout a 900 square foot apartment.

Credit/Check Card - I know what you are saying, why do you need a credit card on a desert island? You don’t; but, in reality I could never be without this modern day staple. It must be something to do with my generation, because most of my friends are like me, they never carry cash. I actually have a backup card – just in case my Checkcard were to be rendered useless – a big thanks to my personal banker, thanks for the VIP treatment Juana!

Pickles - as mentioned in a previous post I eat about 2.5 to 3 jars of pickles a week.

My Cell Phone – and, not just any cell phone, my BlackBerry complete with e-mail and browser access. I don’t think that there would be any reception on said remote island, but I get serious anxiety if my cell phone isn’t within line of sight at all times. I equate loosing this device to loosing an appendage.

DVR - again not a big chance that I’m going to have satellite reception on a desert island, but this one device, single-handedly transformed my life. When I was in the 11th grade I got a Tivo receiver and haven’t looked back. Now I use a DVR to record 4 shows at one time.

Google Search – on an average day I probably visit Google about 35-40 times. (But of course, only for work related purposes during working hours.)

No comments:

Post a Comment