Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lobsters, Sous Chef's and Paella - oh my!

I am so disturbed. Since beginning a diet I have become obsessed with the Food Network. I suppose since I can no longer eat any/everything I want anymore, the next best thing is to see it and drool over it. Nonetheless, I watch pretty much anything on the Food Network with the exception of “The Neely’s” as I cannot stand those two idiotic, fake, annoying, fools. I was watching a recent episode of Iron Chef | America and I was completely appalled. The sous chef was preparing a lobster and simply ripped its tail and claws off – while it was still alive! Now, I know that lobsters are boiled alive, but as inhumane as that is, it seems like a quick death, but ripping appendages off of it while it’s still alive just seems so barbaric. The sous chef grabbed its tail and ripped it off and the poor lobster started throwing its claws up and squirming, only to have its claws ripped off momentarily. While I certainly LOVE lobster, I hope that the future lobsters I consume are cooked in as humane a manner as possible.

Sidebar: new dish to sample at a restaurant then attempt to prepare at my home – paella. It looks so Mmm Mmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment