Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

I was beginning to think that I had permanently damaged my taste buds due to over consumption of sour candy and pickled things. However, my fears were dispelled yesterday at lunch at work. Here lately, all of the pickles that I have bought have had an “off flavor.” And don’t think that I just bought a different brand and have yet to become accustomed to their flavor. I ONLY buy/eat two brands of pickles. Best Maid for hamburger dills, baby dills, and regular dills, and Claussen for pickle halves. No other brands do I purchase.

Anyway, the last three jars of Best Maid Dill Pickles haven’t tasted quite right. They taste as almost if there is a slight butter flavor when you finish and cleanse your palette. Anyway, back to the point, my co-worker asked for one of the extra pickles that I brought from home. After taking one bite, they said “egh, does this have butter or something in it?” At that moment, I quietly breathed a sigh of relief, my taste buds weren’t crazy, in fact, they were spot on. The aftertaste, if you will, is actually quite nasty; also, because I know people will be thinking that I simply bought a jar of Bread & Butter pickles by accident, I didn’t. I think that Best Maid may have released a bad batch (or three) of pickles, or worse, changed their recipe!

But, trust, I will get to the bottom of this. A letter is all but certainly on the way to the Best Maid customer care center. Stay tuned…

1 comment: