Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ghetto vs. Comfort, Cold Spell...crap

So as we all know, the cold weather is upon us. With that being said, I’m left with a burning question. Is it acceptable to wear my sherpa lined slippers out to walk the dog and to the mailbox, or must I take the time to put on my tennis shoes and traipse outside? I have worn them to do both of the above mentioned tasks, and I got a couple of strange looks; but, we all know I could not care less as to what “those people” think about me. Keep in mind my slippers are not your average slippers, they are brown suede-like covered, with a complete rubber sole, and lined with the oh-so-comfortable warm sherpa lining. Now, I’ve also wanted to wear my pajama pants out as well, but I haven’t yet – I do take the time to throw on a pair of jeans or wind pants.

I am not really a fan of cold weather, give me 100+ degree weather any day, but if it is cold I am thankful that I have an electric blanket. If you don’t own one – get one! There is no way I could survive this crazy frigid weather without mine. It stays on ‘HI’ all night and all day, that way I never have to wait for the bed to warm up.

There are only sixteen days left to finish your Christmas shopping. I am doing well with mine, but could be better. I still need to pick up several smaller gifts as “fillers.” Also, I need to pick up a couple of items for individuals at work.

1 comment: