Monday, October 19, 2009

The life that could have been...

I don’t know what possessed me, but for some reason I dusted off my yearbook from High School tonight and took a trip down memory lane. A little encouraging, depressing and humorous, though it was more comical than anything. After looking and laughing a ton, I was left with a few lingering questions…

How in the world was I that skinny? I mean, recently I’ve tried and tried to shed ten pounds to no avail. However, in 2002 I had to weigh all of 120 pounds, now I’m almost to 180. Good God, that’s 60 pounds in seven years. At this rate I’m going to have a reality TV show like Ruby pretty soon. Sidebar: I really like Ruby. I do not even look like the same person today, seriously. I will say this, it’s given me a new desire to lose some weight – let’s see if it works.

Whatever happened to 'so and so?' I was really surprised how many people that I was friends with, or knew of in school, and yet as time has gone by they have slipped from my mind and I’ve totally forgotten about then. There were probably ten people that I had forgotten about over the years. I was able to find a couple of them on a social networking site, though.

Was that really the style? While I did win Best Dressed and Most Likely to succeed numerous times, I’m still perplexed as to what I was wearing. Take for instance my Best Dressed photo, one would assume that in this photo individuals would showcase their ability to dress well; but, I’m not sure that was the case in my photo. I’m wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, a pair of size 29 Diesel Jeans (both of which are still in my closet), and yes, that’s correct – I was pimping Diesel Jeans back in 2002 BEFORE they were cool. Thanks in large part to my Aunt who bankrolled my clothing allowance back then (and now). LOL Anyway, in the photo I’m wearing the polo tucked into the jeans, with no belt, I mean, no belt? Really?!?! Oh well.

On an encouraging note, in a section related to future plans I wrote “I hope to have an MBA when I graduate college” at least there’s one thing I followed through on. If only I had done the same with my piano lessons I’d be playing Carnegie Hall right now.

Would you go back to High School if you were given the opportunity? Hell yes I would!

1 comment:

  1. I need to pull out my yearbook I am sure there are people I have forgotten about! Im sure we all have gained some weight since high school so dont feel bad!

    ReplyDelete