Monday, February 13, 2012

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places – he told me to stop going to those places!

As much as I dread it, the time has come to find a new doctor.  Nothing bad or anything like that, my doctor is actually leaving his practice due to personal conflicts between his idea of what medicine should be, and alas, what medicine in the United States actually is/has become.  With that being said, I want to find another doctor close to my ‘home base’ that will be convenient for me to see.  I don’t want to cut ties with my old doctor all together, as he is a really good doctor, and, who knows, he may be back in town occasionally or may find out he really did enjoy his current practice (There’s always wishful thinking – right?!?).  To help you with your suggestions, I’ve devised a few non-negotiables when it comes to my next doctor. 

1 – A male, preferably someone who is younger, young enough to say:  find Family Guy funny, appreciate 80’s music and can operate a Smart Phone – on their own. 

2 – Have a good sense of humor – a must!

3 – They are located in the Dallas area.  Preferably near the Baylor, Downtown/Uptown area.

4 - He doesn't believe in shots, drawing blood, prostate exams or colonoscopies. I joke...or do I?


Having said that, I’m currently accepting new patients, I mean, doctors referrals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment