Sunday, April 25, 2010

Food Network TV!

I cannot seem to turn this channel off at my house. It just seems that watching TV about food (delicious sounding & looking) is addicting. Whether I’m watching Barefoot Contessa, or Cook Like a Restaurant Chef w/ Ann Burrell, or Chopped, or whatever (NOT-The Neeley’s eugh.) I just get so engrossed I can’t turn the channel. It’s been like this since I was a child…I can remember getting up early on a Saturday mornings as a child and instead of turning on cartoons or something of the like I turned on Yan Can Cook. I’ve learned a lot from these shows too. For instance, fruit and vegetables don’t get marinated, instead they are macerated, only meat is marinated. I learned that you should always salt (and a lot) of the water you cook pasta in because after its cooked pasta isn’t able to absorb salt. So the only way to get salt in the pasta is to add it to the water. How many people already knew that? That’s what I thought…

No comments:

Post a Comment