Monday, November 7, 2011

I’ll huff and I’ll puff…and I’ll blow your house down!

Only.In.America.  

Seriously, only in America.  Like most American’s, while cooking my dinner I have my TV in the kitchen on.  It’s been a little stormy tonight, and as so, the National Weather Service has been issuing watches/warnings all along North Texas.  “Crawlers” have been going across the bottom of the screen all night.   Cut to this evening, when Dancing with the Stars ends for a commercial break and the news station breaks in for an update on the weather.  “I want to make sure that everyone knows – I’m not going to break into any Dancing with the Stars.  I repeat, I’m not going to cut into any of Dancing with the Stars.  (Sidebar: The emergency alert sirens are going off as I type.)  Ummmm…excuse me, but when was Dancing with the Starts more important than your own safety and welfare?  Only in America would dumb ass people actually call in and complain that you broke in right when Nancy Grace was about to take the stage and waltz with her two left feet.  I mean, seriously?  People living in mud huts in third world countries would LOVE to have advance warning of an impending storm; but, us on the other hand, well, we can’t be bothered to take responsibility for our own safety.  How stupid.


No comments:

Post a Comment